Cannabidiol CBD is trending right now among health and wellness products because of its many therapeutic and medical effects. These are made using hemp extracts that have other cannabinoids as well as terpenes that also add to the benefits of using them for your needs and requirements. So, it is good to have a better understanding of the key ingredients that are found or used in CBD formulations. This will give a better understanding on how they interact and the type of effects produced in your body; shared below are the details, read ahead to know more.
This is the main active ingredient in all CBD formulations and does not have any kind of psychotropic effects. Hence, it is safe for use in medical purposes with the added benefit of very minimal or almost no side-effects, listed below are its medicinal properties and their effects.
- Anti-inflammatory: CBD reduces inflammation by its effect on the immune system by influencing the CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system.
- Analgesic: Cannabidiol reduces pain by its effect on the vanilloid receptors that modulates pain perception.
- Antioxidant: The high amounts of antioxidants present in CBD hemp plant extracts helps in treating neurodegenerative disorders.
- Anticonvulsant: CBD is found to be very effective in the treatment of seizures by reducing the activity in neurons.
- Antidepressant And Anxiolytic: CBD increases serotonin and anandamide levels in the brain, thereby combats anxiety and depression.
- Antiemetic: due to CBD’s effects on serotonin levels, it helps to reduce nausea and vomiting.
The cannabinoids like CBD are produced by tiny glands called trichomes of the hemp plant, but they also produce terpenes that give different strains its unique aromas. The terpenes and cannabinoids work in synergy to produce the entourage effect of full or broad spectrum hemp extracts. Listed below are the benefits of different terpenes that are usually added in CBD formulations for added benefits.
- Beta Caryophyllene (BCP): It is a dietary cannabinoid that is useful in treating anxiety, stress and other mood disorders. BCP binds with CB2 receptors and prolongs the anti-inflammatory effect of CBD, and it is naturally found in cloves and black pepper.
- Alpha-Pinene: It has good anti-inflammatory and antibiotic qualities, it has been traditionally used as a bronchodilator. This is also found in plants like rosemary, pine trees and basil.
- D-Limonene: As the name indicates, it is a citrus smelling terpene that has anti-anxiety, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory effects. Besides, it aids in the better absorption of other terpenes and hence used in many CBD edible products.
- Beta-Linalool: It is commonly found in lavender and jasmine, possessing anxiolytic and sedative properties.
It is always good to know the effects of different ingredients in CBD products before purchasing them and you can search for it online.